This is simply a doubled up ver. of TabScale and since it is reversible it qualifies as a double of TabScale Reverse This uses 16 ga 1/4 AR 4.2 Bright Aluminum Rings I purchase mine from TheRingLord, but as long as they are 1/4 and 14-18 ga any ring should work fine. I chose Bright Aluminum to match properly with the aluminum can tabs. This is a much later designed weave thought of long after the original TabScale. While it maintains some of the flexibility but more strength it can really only bend outwards.
- Difficulty: 4/5 – While the idea is the same this is a much tighter weave and is not only harder to work with but takes up much more time
- Flexibility: 3/5 – It bends well enough aside from inwards, but due to the tabs it doesn’t lay flat and actually begins to curve
- Tabs per sq. ft: ~900
- Rings per sq. ft: ~775
1. Since this is more advanced I’m going to assume you’ve done regular TabScale or will follow those directions but using the below references to make it Double TabScale. To begin lay the tabs out.
2. Then simply connect the tabs.
3. Continue on as you desire.
4. This is merely a look at the reverse which looks familiar to TabScale Reverse.