This is early 5th generation TabMail made shortly after the realization that Banded TabMail wasn’t feasible for large pieces. This uses 16 ga 1/4 AR 4.2 Bright Aluminum Rings I purchase mine from TheRingLord, but as long as they are 1/4 and 14-18 ga any ring should work fine. I chose Bright Aluminum to match properly with the aluminum can tabs.
- Difficulty: 2/5 – This is simple enough, and a good beginner TabMail
- Flexibility: 3/5 – It bends horizontally, but vertically not so well.
- Tabs per sq. ft: ~900
- Rings per sq. ft: ~775
1. Lay the tabs out so that the top of the band has 2 outer tabs facing back-to-back and an inner tab only on the bottom half.
2. Then connect them as shown.
3. Continue it out as wide as your swatch is going to be and make a few bands.
4. Then place the inner tab from band 2 into the outer bands of tab 1.
5. Connect the two bands with a single ring.
6. Then it’s continuing down the bands.
7. And finally going out as far as you’d like.