Since the first generation of TabMail I had only Banded and it was natural to expand it into full mail. This uses 16 ga 1/4 AR 4.2 Bright Aluminum Rings I purchase mine from TheRingLord, but as long as they are 1/4 and 14-18 ga any ring should work fine. I chose Bright Aluminum to match properly with the aluminum can tabs. The issue with this is that the larger it gets the harder it gets to connect the bands.
- Difficulty: 5/5 – While yes putting together is simple the more bands you use the harder it gets to thread them through.
- Flexibility: 2/5 – It can bend around, and between bands it can fold but after you build it up this become much harder.
- Tabs per sq. ft: ~650
- Rings per sq. ft: ~350
1. First make yourself some Banded Tab
2. Now through the 2 back-to-back tabs place a ring.
3. Now making sure the outer tabs are facing the same way thread the ring through the single tab in the inner layer and close it.
4. Simply continue this process. While initially this is easy later threading the ring though becomes much more difficult – you may want to invest in strong thin needle-nose to “coax” the ring if making a larger piece.
5. Then finish the band connect the two bands.
6. And go out as far as you’d like.